Village of Pulaski
421 S. St. Augustine Street
Pulaski, WI 54162
Phone: (920) 822-5182
Fax: (920) 822-3209
The requirements for obtaining a permit is for the benefit of the property owner. There are code requirements which must be followed for each trade involved in a project. These code requirements have been developed by the State of Wisconsin to provide for the health and safety of all occupants within the building. The Village of Pulaski has elected to supervise these requirements through the Inspections Department by requiring permits and inspections of all ongoing projects. Once a permit has been issued for a trade, the Inspections Department will then perform continuing inspections on the project to verify that the code requirements have been met.
When the project is completed, a final inspection will be made to verify that the work was done according to the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Codes and that there would be no affects to the health or safety of the occupants. Please contact the Building Inspector if you have any questions.
The following activities require issuance of a permit prior to commencement of work on the portion of the project covered by that activity.
- Construction of any building - this category includes; Houses, garages, storage sheds and any structure that forms an enclosure.
- Additions to buildings, porches, decks, etc.
- Remodeling - this category includes; roofing, siding, windows, moving or eliminating walls, structural changes, etc. but does not include painting or carpeting.
- Heating and Ventilating – All HVAC work must be performed by a State license contractor unless homeowner is doing the work:
- Any installation of heating equipment and the heat runs to the various rooms of the building
- Any replacement of any existing unit
- Any change in the fuel source
- Electrical System - Any work on the electrical system must be performed by an electrician licesed as of April 1, 2013, except that the owner of a one family residence, owned and occupied by the owner as the owner's home, may perform wiring beyond the main disconnect within that home; however, a permit must still be issued for such work.
- Plumbing - All plumbing must be performed by a State of Wisconsin licensed plumber, licensed for the installation contemplated, except that the owner of a one family residence, owned and occupied by the owner as the owner's home, may perform within that home; however, a permit must still be issued for such work.
- Miscellaneous Permits - Permits are also required for the following activities:
- Curb Cut (Public Works Dept.)
- Moving of Buildings
- Demolition of Buildings
- Satellite Dishes
- Swimming Pools
- Hot Tubs
1. What actions are required to get a permit?
You need to obtain a permit at the Village Hall, 421 S. St. Augustine Street, Pulaski for the following actions of repairing/remodeling/adding/replacing: siding, residential remodeling/additions, roofs, plumbing, electrical, porches, decks, patios, sheds, fences, antennas, satellite dishes, garages, pools, hot tubs, jacuzzis.
2. Do I need a permit for siding replacement?
Yes, the permit can be obtained from the Village Hall, 421 S. St. Augustine Street, Pulaski. (920) 822-5182.
3. Do I need a permit for sidewalk installation?
Yes. A sidewalk installation permit is $5.00. Street excavation to do work in the public right of way is $25.00, and driveway permit is $10.00. These permits should be obtained from the Village Hall, 421 S. St. Augustine Street, Pulaski.
4. Do I need a permit for a fire pit?
No but Village Ordinances must be followed.
5. Does the Village accept credit card payments?
No, payments for the Village of Pulaski are accepted by cash, money order or check only.